Whatever I was planning to do today has just flown out the window because FindMyPast has added the Westminster Collection to their stable of Parish Registers. 3,000,000 records running from 1538 – 1945 covering 50+ churches in Westminster including the well-known St Martins in the Fields, St Anne Soho, St Clements Danes and lots more.
Those of us with FindMyPast.com subscriptions are especially pleased to see that the records are available on the .com site as well as the .co.uk site.
I am told that this is just the first phase of the project FindMyPast and City of Westminster Archives have embarked on. In the next few months we can look forward to seeing the following online.
- Non-conformist registers 1694-1945
- Cemetery registers 1855-1990
- Parish rate books 1561-1900
- Settlement examination books 1701-1840
- Removal registers 1710-1867
- Poor relief lists 1715-1869
- Workhouse admission and discharge books 1725-1869
- Apprenticeship registers 1640-1869
- Bastardy records 1657-1825
- Militia records 1780-1816
- Watch, constables and beadles’ records 1736-1830
- Wills and probate records 1504-1829
The chances of finding London ancestors has just increased, log on and enjoy !
image – St Anne Soho