West Sussex Poor Law Database 1662 – 1835, this database doesn’t give full details, but enough to identify whether the original document might be of interest to you. The originals are house at the West Sussex Record Office. This database comes courtesy of the Sussex Record Society. If you have ancestors from this area, have a really good look at this website as they have other databases, publications and all sorts of other goodies to delight genealogists.
The websites says ….
The links give access to the poor law records in this database as follows:
- Search gives Poor Law Record lists against Surname, Forename, Year and Parish parameters
- Surnames gives alphabetic surname listing of all those people listed in the Poor Law Records
- Parishes gives a listing of all those parishes whose Poor Law Records are included in this database
- Order Types gives a listing of all the many different types of Poor Law Records
- Years gives a listing of all the years for which there are Poor Law Records