Do you have ancestors who were of the Catholic faith? Of course prior to the falling out Henry 8th had with Rome all our ancestors attended Roman Catholic Churches, but that is another story !
The Catholic National Library is house at St Michael’s Abbey, Farnborough which is of interest to me as my father undertook building and masonry work there for quite a few years and I know the abbey well. They have a website with an online catalogue, opening hours of the library for research and other information of interest to genealogists. Well worth looking at if you have ancestors of the Catholic faith.
The Catholic Family History Society has published a number of CD’s of births, marriages, burials, and wills etc.
- St Anne, Junction St, Ancoats, Manchester baps 1848 – 1874
- St Mary’s, Mulberry Street, Manchester baps 1820-1831
- St Patrick’s, Livesey Street, Manchester baps 1832-1860
- St. Patrick’s, Livesey St., Manchester, burials1832-1858
- Lancashire Catholic Wills 1492 – 1894
- Lancashire Registers vol. 1 – covers The Register of Wrightington Hall (later St Joseph’s), The Registers of Standish Hall (later St Marie’s), St Wilfrid with St Mary RC Parish, Preston, Lancashire.
- Sardinian Embassy Chapel Register, London 1772 – 1841
- Miscellaneous London transcripts vol 1 – covers 27 indexed transcriptions of Catholic parish registers from churches, chapels and missions in the County of Middlesex.
- Miscellaneous London transcripts vol 2 – covers a further 23 indexed transcriptions of Catholic parish registers from churches, chapels and missions in the ecclesiastical division known as the London District until 1850.
- Introduction to Catholic Southampton by Canon R. E. Scantlebury covers The Registers of St Joseph’s Church, Southampton, Introduction to St Joseph’s Registers with Transcriptions of the Latin & French entries, Biography of Fr H. C. E. Van Doorne, the Belgian Poet & Curate and Historian of St Joseph’s, A full transcription of the Pylewell House and Elm Cottage Marriage Register (1843 and 1855).
Image – This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license. Originally posted to Flickr by SnapshotsofthePast.com. http://flickr.com/photos/28496558@N02/5085811195